Thursday 31 May 2012

Maybelline Fit Me! Blush

When things go on sale, or are greatly discounted, there is a specific reason behind it- especially make-up. As a general rule, I steer clear of buying skin care products or make-up that's on sale because it could either be fast approaching it's 'best before' date or the product is soon to be discontinued/upgraded/revamped.

But, on a mad dash to a health & beauty store, I saw this blush for ONLY R60.00. ''Oh joy!! It's cheap!'', exclaimed my sale-seeking, shopping obsessed Brain. Unfortunately, my Conscience was taking a nap at that very point so, without a second thought, I grabbed the prettiest colour blush and scooted to pay.

So... what was I thinking??? Obviously, I was not thinking.



 
See? It looks stylish, sleek, full of promise! But, what did I get?


It looks like a really old, really bad knock off. Completely different packaging and brush. It didn't occur to me at the time that the packaging and brush is completely different from what I'd seen on the Maybelline website!!! So, what gives???? What a mystery...


Even the brush looks terribly synthetic and cheap.


Well, I thought I'd give it a go, since I'd already bought it. The colour itself is a very pretty, dusky warm pink. However, it barely shows up on my skin. I had to look twice at the brush to make sure I had picked up the product with it! Just so you know, I did some research and many beauties (ranging from NC 20 to NC 42, for skin colour reference) out there complained that it was badly pigmented. It's a barely there blush verging on non-existent

It took 5 swipes from the pan to build up enough colour for a swatch. The colour itself is very light & it has a matte texture which is good for day. The brush, however, is quite horrid. It's scratchy, pokey and cheap. Even worse, the bristles began to loosen and fall out after the first use!
 A truly sad case... The only slight redemption is that, when applied over foundation, Maybelline Fit Me! blushes seem to show - it's a light and natural look, suitable for the day.


My Verdict:
An utter waste of time. I should have known better (for the umpteenth time!) but I guess I'll use this blush until I become thoroughly bored with it. 

My Rating:
It really is that bad. I gave it one star because, after layering and layering and layering this blush does impart a light pink glow.


Price:
Usually ZAR 90. I bought this particular one for ZAR 60. 


Have you had any success with the Maybelline Fit Me! Blush range?


Miss. Q♥

11 comments:

  1. that's too bad, you should have tried Essence's blushes :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad idea! Maybe I should... thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. oh thats a really bad product.. I cud see that it has no visible color at all..
    review was good dear <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Disappointing considering Maybelline's reputation..

      Delete
  3. Nice review....u have lovely blog how about following each other......http://Cutenailstudio.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my thats shocking I havent tried the blushes myself but maybe you got a fake?!?
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. Maybe it's fake (but who knows for sure!!) although many people gave the real deal blush a bad review! Try at your own risk! ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh my god this doesn't even look like the same product! I would take it back and ask for your money back x :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a good mind to do exactly that!!! ...except I lost the invoice :(

      Delete
  6. Hello, I am new to ur blog......found it while beauty browsing :) .....the blush color is very good for pale skin tones.....but the brush is useless I feel...Nice review :)
    http://celebratingfeminity.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Don't be shy! :)